What We Are Going to Cover
– Ignoring your tax debt won’t make it go away. In fact, it will only get worse.
– The IRS is willing to work with taxpayers who have tax debts they cannot pay
– 10 Reasons you shouldn’t ignore your tax debt:
- IRS notices
- Automated Collections
- Tax refund seizure
- Interest will build up
- You will be charged penalties
- The IRS could file a federal tax lien
- IRS can issue a levy
- A revenue officer may show up
- You may not be able to leave the country
- IRS could send your case to a debt-collecting agency
According to Richard Millhouse Nixon, “Make sure you pay your taxes; otherwise you can get in a lot of trouble.” Although he didn’t say it very poetically, President Nixon was definitely on to something.