Ask Tax Question
If I Am Behind With Filing My Tax Returns As An Expat Who Has Lived And Worked Outside The US For Over Twenty Years And Has Never Made Over...
User Photo Brett Thompson, JD, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

DISCLAIMER. This information should not, and is not, legal advice and is solely for purposes of discussion. Every fact pattern is unique. The law in this area changes rapidly and no representations are made as to...   Read More
What Is The Self Employment Tax In California?
User Photo Kelli Cox
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Self-employment tax is only a Federal tax--it is your contribution to Social Security and Medicare (if you were employed by another company, you would contribute half (7.65% of your wages, up to a limit) and the...   Read More
Can You Tell Me What The Sales Tax Rate Is In California?
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

The state-wide rate is 7.25% but cities and counties often add an additional local option tax of varying amounts.   Read More
Can You Tell Me Anything About The San Jose State University Tax Program?
User Photo Kat Jennings
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Allow me to comment on the San Jose State University Tax Program. Look no further than the amazing conferences that Annette Nellen (Director of the Tax Program at San Jose State University) arranges for the answer....   Read More
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Although I do not have a great deal of experience in putting accountable plans together, this article I wrote on accountable vs. non accountable plans might be of benefit. Business Expenses: Accountable vs. Non-...   Read More
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

First of all, I am not certain what $85,000 threshold you refer to. The Foreign Earned Income Credit is now $102,100 that is what \you are making reference to. If you have paid into social security your delinquent...   Read More
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

No. Sunscreen or other skin care products available over the counter are not deductible tax items. If a prescription medication, they would be deductible as medical expense.   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password