Ask Tax Question
What Are The Expenses That Qualify For Adoption Tax Credit?
User Photo Cecilia Scutaru Andor
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The following are examples of expenses falling under this category: Attorney fees. Court proceedings cost. Expenditure on travel (inclusive of transport, food and lodging). Medical expenses (outside insurance...   Read More
Can You Tell Me The State To Move My Business To With The Lowest Tax Rates?
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

That's pretty much an unanswerable question. In looking at business tax rates, you must first consider the legal form of your business - sole proprietor, S corporation, C corporation, or LLC. Then you need to...   Read More
If I Am Reporting A Net Capital Loss (the Max Of $3000) On My Federal 1040, But That Number Includes A Capital Gain Of +$8051 That Was...
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Yes, if you realize a capital gain in a state in which you do not reside, the gain is normally taxable in that state. Your home state will probably grant a credit for taxes paid to NC, assuming you live in a state...   Read More
What Is The Scope And Application Of The Final Treasury Regulations Governing IUS R&D Tax Credit Claims?
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

On October 3rd of 2016, the Internal Revenue Service (hereinafter “the Service”) issued Final Treasury Regulations setting forth guidance on research and development efforts in connection to Internal Use...   Read More
Colorado Department Of Revenue Asks Supreme Court "Should Quill Be Overturned?".
User Photo Alan Smith
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

No! Overturning Quill Corporation v North Dakota, 504 U.S. 298 (1992) would mean retailers throughout the United States would have to collect, report and remit sales tax for all other states with a sales tax even...   Read More
Would Like To Amend 2015 Tax Return By Lowering Spouse (general Partner) SE Amount From Passive Rental Income And Adding That Amount To...
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Anytime an amended return is filed, there is the possibility of an audit. Amended returns are not processed by computer but are examined by hand. The IRS agent is not limited to reviewing the changes, so he/she may...   Read More
0 0 Amendment
If I Have NOLs For Two Years In A Row And Elect To Carry Forward Both, Do I Enter The Sum Of Both On Line 21 Of Future Years' Return Or...
User Photo John Dundon, II EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Wizard

GrEAt question. The answer is a little bit more complicated than line 21 of form 1040. I'd like to draw your attention IRS Form 1045 Schedule A (page 3) found here ->   Read More
Mother Deceased, Everything Transferred To Children Before Death, Nothing In Her Name, Any Tax To Be Paid?
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Since she had no assets at death, there her estate should not have any tax liability. Depending on the amount of assets transferred to the children, and the timing of those gifts, there may be a gift tax issue....   Read More
0 1 Gift Tax
If Foreign Parents Make A Donation To A US Resident Child, Does Any Tax Apply?
User Photo John Dundon, II EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Wizard

Gift tax is based on country of origin for the party making the gift. US Resident Aliens are not subject to tax on gifts received.   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Devon McCarthy FCCA, EA

Sanford, Florida, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password
Contact Us Today