Ask Tax Question
If Your Business Is A Home Business And You Drive To See Your Only Client, How Can You Get Business Mileage For The Business Consultation?
User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Normally, all such miles would be considered commuting mileage as if you were working directly for your client as an employee. The business owner, however, can keep proper mileage logs indicating other business...   Read More
After A Failed Installment Agreement Years Ago, Can I Try To Start Another Agreement?
User Photo Thomas Rex, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

You should be able to get another installment agreement, provided you are current with filing all of your tax returns, and your withholding and/or estimates will cover all of the taxes owed for 2017.   Read More
Signing Over A Check, Can I Sign Over The 1099-MISC Too?
User Photo Randall Klein
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

As you were the one that was employed and was the subject of the tort or injury, you were the one that was paid. Therefore, you are the rightful recipient of the money and the tax document. You are fully...   Read More
0 0 1099-MISC
Am I Eligible For Tax Amnesty If I Filed Years Ago But Haven't Over The Last Ten Years?
User Photo Clinton Donnelly, LLM
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The short answer is yes. There are a variety of tax amnesty programs for different situations. Many tax payers when they move overseas will think that they do not have to file taxes when their lower longer in the...   Read More
I Work For A Regional CPA Firm And Would Greatly Appreciate Some "Best Practices" In Connection To Tax Research Techniques To...
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

In order to optimize your CPA Firm’s overall efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity in connection to researching and resolving a tax issue and determining the sustainability of a tax return filing position...   Read More
If IRS Rules That Taxpayer's Sole Proprietorship Is A Hobby Business, Will The IRS Then Go Back To Prior Years, And Disallow The Expenses...
User Photo Thomas Rex, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The answer is that it depends. Generally the IRS has a 3 year statute of limitations to make changes to a return. That time is increased to 6 years if there is income omitted from your return greater than 25% of...   Read More
When Are AR State Income Taxes Due?
User Photo Debra Thompson
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The due date for filing your Arkansas Individual Income Tax return is April 15. If April 15 falls on a weekend or a holiday, your return is due on the next business day. If you file a federal or State of Arkansas...   Read More
User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

I have a lot of stocks. H&R block is expensive for how many forms I do, so I'd like to try another avenue. What options do I have here in CA? Here is the truth about hiring someone to do your tax return. There...   Read More
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Yes, most states currently offer Movie and Television Production Tax Incentives (hereinafter “MPIs”). MPIs are tax benefits offered on a state-by-state basis throughout the United States to entice, as...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password
Contact Us Today