Tax Connections Search Services Division
TaxConnections conducts very high level tax executive searches through our private client services division. We handle Tax Director, Senior Tax Director, VP Tax and Global Head of Tax searches. The majority of our clients come to us with the expectation that we provide thorough, highly skilled search services for them. We would like to list two high level searches we are currently conducting for clients. If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more about these leading tax opportunities, please contact Kat@taxconnections.com or call 858.999.0053.
Company: Real Estate Investment Company- Privately Held (Oregon)
Reporting Relationship: CFO and CEO
Responsibilities: The VP Tax is responsible for providing company-wide leadership of the tax function including tax strategy, business and tax planning, tax audits and tax accounting. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, Local and applicable foreign tax laws and regulations. The VP Tax will be responsible for research and identification of tax savings opportunities including the identification of appeal opportunities to reduce property tax assessments; and for ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, Local, Property, Sales & Use and applicable tax laws in jurisdictions the company operates. Provide counsel and guidance to management on tax matters including legislative and regulatory developments. The role will also oversee and provide direction to the tax team for compiling, preparation and filing of tax returns, analyze calculations of tax provisions, and the disclosure of all tax matters in company’s financial accounts.
The responsibilities also involve the following: (1) Identify, research and resolve technical issues.(2) Ensure compliance with the tax law, regulations, and rules are completed on a timely and accurate basis, (3) Provide direct and indirect tax support to business units, (4) Manage the research of tax issues and positions taken by the company, (5) Review work papers and research prepared by tax staff, (6) Build tax models and forecasts for emerging tax issues and analysis; (7) Collaborate with internal and external parties to gather information, analyze and complete projects; (9) Proactively identify areas for process improvements and implement solutions to streamline processes, (11) And Special ad hoc projects as required by management.
Requirements: The VP Tax role requires a strong understanding of real estate investment fundamentals with family and wealth planning also highly desirable. The VP Tax must have a minimum of 15-20 years of experience in a public accounting firm, law firm, corporation or any combination of these environments; and a BS/BA in Accounting and a CPA, JD or MST required.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
If you know of anyone who may be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Senior Director, Tax (California)
The Senior Director, Tax will be responsible for directing and managing all tax compliance and tax reporting with international, federal, state and local authorities including quarterly and annual tax provision. The Senior Director, Tax will also be responsible for the following:
• Direct and manage the preparation and review of the worldwide income tax provision including the preparation of the ASC 740 calculations, current and deferred analysis, technical review of tax accounting positions (FIN48, 123R, FAS141R purchase accounting, valuation allowance analysis APB 23 Assertion), tax account reconciliations and return-to-provision reconciliation.
• Perform quarterly and annual tax reporting and tax closing processes including SEC reporting obligations.
• Participate in tax due diligence including documentation of the proper accounting and analysis of the tax effects of acquisitions and dispositions.
• Provide accurate technical research memos regarding quarterly/yearend events.
• Direct and oversee OneSource tax compliance and tax provision software.
• Provide tax support across all business units, including headquarters and regions.
• Monitor tax legislation and effectively communicate relevant developments to management and business units worldwide.
The Senior Director, Tax role requires an individual with a minimum of fifteen years combined corporate and public accounting experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required with a CPA and a Masters or other advanced degree preferred. Strong written, verbal and leadership skills are necessary including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
If you know of anyone who may be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.999.0053.