TaxConnections has been retained by a high net-worth family office to locate a Tax Specialist in San Francisco, CA. If you are considering leaving public accounting to move into an in-house business environment with great management and upward mobility, you will want to learn about this opportunity.
The Tax Specialist is responsible for performing tax compliance and planning functions as well as providing tax support for various company entities, which may include Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Corporate entities. Significant emphasis will be on tax work related to Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies. Prepare federal and state income tax returns and forecasts and perform various tax planning and research projects that involve a high degree of complexity. Respond to audits by and information requests from various government authorities. Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare federal, state, and local returns and reports for company entities.
- Gather information, analyze data, identify and research pertinent tax issues, prepare supporting work-papers and utilize preparation software packages to generate tax returns.
- Prepare tax information packages for, and liaise with, tax firms preparing outsourced returns.
- Participate in federal and state income tax audits by assisting the gathering of requested information, researching of pertinent tax issues and preparation of written responses.
- Prepare taxable income forecasts for specific entities or transactions and prepare estimate information for individual investors (and / or their tax advisors).
- Perform tax research and other special projects as required and as directed.
Education And Experience
A minimum of two years’ experience in income tax required including a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting. Active CPA license is required; graduate degree in Taxation is a plus as is experience with pass-through taxation and compliance. Good oral and written communication skills are required.
Would you like a private introduction? Contact Us