TaxConnections Inc. has been retained to conduct a search for a Director of Tax in Southern California/Orange County area. Our client is a 3B multinational holding company that offers an exciting and fun work environment aligned with a highly professional management team. This company is an exciting dream job for a Head of Tax who wants to be located in Southern California.
Responsibilities: The Tax Director will be responsible for overseeing and managing relationships with external and internal business partners to improve processes and procedures for the tax organization. The Tax Director must have the ability to identify areas of risk and tax opportunity for the company in all areas of international, federal, state, local, sales and use tax. Role involves a wide range of domestic and international tax matters including consolidated income tax provision, tax compliance and transfer pricing.
The role requires the timely review of tax provision and tax compliance; review of TP analyses and required TP documentation; and coordination and communication with advisors internally and externally. In addition, Director of Tax will:
- Review and manage the preparation and review of the worldwide income tax provision including the preparation of the ASC 740 calculations, current and deferred analysis, technical review of tax accounting positions (FIN48, 123R, FAS141R purchase accounting, valuation allowance analysis APB 23 Assertion), tax account reconciliations and return-to-provision reconciliation.
- Review of quarterly and annual closing processes including SEC reporting obligations.
- Review documentation of the proper accounting and analysis of transfer pricing issues.
- Provide accurate technical research memos regarding quarterly/yearend events.
- Provide tax support across all business units, including headquarters and regions.
- Monitor proposed and newly enacted tax legislation and effectively communicate relevant developments to management and business units worldwide.
The role requires a hands-on business executive who is a team player with good judgement and understands the importance of building scalable business processes; and an individual who can effectively communicate with internal and external partners and provide strategic business options to management. The role is ideal for a hands-on, self-starter with a high level of initiative and problem solving skills to interpret the impact of key business drivers on a global organization. The Tax Director role requires an individual with a minimum of fifteen to twenty years’ corporate and public accounting experience. A Bachelor’s in Accounting along with a CPA and/or MST Degree preferred.
Interested in learning more? Contact Kat Jennings for privacy.