Stuart SobelView All Courses By Stuart Sobel
View TaxConnections Profile
Stu Sobel is the consummate Instructor with 30 years IRS experience; co-authored the IRS Examination Standards Manual; taught at major universities; had a nationally syndicated radio program and published four books on taxation. Stu has provided continuing education to more than 25,000 CPAs, Attorneys, Enrolled Agents and Non-Profits Members/Directors.
Take This Education Course
Purchase This Without CPE Credit For $39.00
Take Course With CPE Credit
Purchase This With CPE Credit For $79.00
Tax practice and the resolution of tax problems with the IRS can be tedious and challenging. This course will show practitioners how to navigate through the confusing IRS system and enable them to ensure that their clients receive all of the rights to which they are entitled.
The following topics are discussed in detail.
• Abating penalties – failure to file ,to pay, to estimate, to deposit, and others
• Avoiding the understatement of tax penalty
• Abatement of interest
• Preparing protests to 30 day letters
• Negotiating settlement agreements with appeals
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to
• Understand how to avoid making major mistakes in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service
• Learn how to provide clients with the best advice
• Learn how to legally reduce clients’ tax, penalty, and interest liabilities
Table of Contents
NASBA field of study: 2 hours CPE Credit