I remember when tax season was pretty much over after April 15. Sure, there were extensions, but for four months and you had to justify an additional two-month grace period. Since the additional extension was mostly perfunctory, the IRS changed things and now grants a single six-month extension. No additional extensions are granted except in the case of a federally declared disaster area.
Tag Archive for Filing Extension
25 Oct 2016
- Tax Reform – Did You Think It Would Include A Tax Subsidy For Local Newspapers?By Annette NellenThis week the House Ways and Means Committee began marking up a tax reform bill to improve equity in our tax system, make modifications to have the system better comport with societal and […]
- Small Business Owners And Home Office DeductionBy TaxConnections AdminSmall business owners should see if they qualify for the home office deduction. Many Americans have been working from home due to the pandemic, but only certain people will qualify to claim the home […]
- California Rules: Independent Contractor Versus EmployeeBy TaxConnections AdminIn September of 2019, Governor Newsom signed Assembly Bill (AB) 5 into law. The new law addresses the “employment status” of workers when the hiring entity claims the worker is an independent […]
- The False Claims Act: The Risks Of Doing Business With The U.S. GovernmentBy Jason FreemanThe False Claims Act (FCA) was passed by Congress during the Civil War to punish defense contractors for fraud. Under the FCA, a government contractor who submits fraudulent invoices or induces the […]
- Biden Administration Moving To Modify Tax SystemsBy William Byrnes(Tax Increase Alert Reposted) Biden Administration Moving Full Steam Ahead To Modify The United States And International Tax Systems The Biden administration, the OECD, and the European Union are […]
- Tax Reform – Did You Think It Would Include A Tax Subsidy For Local Newspapers?
- Tax Court In Brief: Currently Not Collective Status on
- Biden Administration Vax Mandate Will Hurt IRS Staffing Needs on
- Motivational Quotes To Inspire You Today on
- Applicability Of Foreign Tax Credit Against The Net Investment Income Tax Under U.S., France, And Italy Tax Treatries on
- How To Find Out If You Owe An IRS Tax Penalty on
Tax Blog Archives
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
INCREASE KNOWLEDGE WITH EVERY ISSUE OF TAXCONNECTIONS
Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox
%d bloggers like this: