TaxConnections has recently been retained to conduct a search for an Assistant Tax Manager for a family office investment organization considered one of the very best places to work. The management team is one of the nicest and smartest you will ever encounter. Rarely does an opening come available in this environment. It is a great opportunity to be considered by this company.
Responsible for assisting the Director of Tax, Pass-Through Entities and the Senior Tax Manager in managing the tax planning and compliance functions for multiple business lines and other investments. Primary emphasis is on tax compliance, planning, and support for pass-through entities. Understand and apply the current tax laws and regulations including the tax implications of investment partnership structures and real estate development and operations. Identify and communicate issues, positions, and opportunities both orally and in writing to management. Manage members of the tax accounting staff.
- Review and oversee the preparation of tax returns for multiple business lines and investments, including multi-tier structures with complex carry arrangements and other special allocations. Some first-line preparation will be required.
- Research and prepare written support for significant positions reflected on the tax returns.
- Provide acquisition and divestiture services including tax advice and analysis to the business lines and financial planning group as new deals and ideas are considered.
- Review various legal documents including partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, and contribution agreements, and advise or redraft to optimize the tax implications of the language in the document.
- Participate in planning for business and cash flow needs considering the corresponding tax consequences.
- Provide support for responding to / resolving federal and state income tax audits and related issues.
- Provide (review and / or prepare) taxable income forecasts and other tax advice as needed for specific entities / transactions.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for taxable income estimates or other tax information from outside investors and their advisors.
- Assist in managing the retention of tax records, tax returns, and other documents.
- Conduct and manage various tax research projects as determined by business needs.
- Assist in the supervision of permanent tax staff, seasonal temporary staff and administrative personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting from a four-year college or university and a minimum of seven years of experience in income taxation is required. Active CPA license or JD/LLM is required; graduate degree in Taxation is a plus. Experience with pass-through taxation and compliance is required. Experience with hedge fund / private equity fund taxation is a plus. Strong oral and written communication skills essential
Please contact Kat Jennings for more information.