Ask Tax Question
I Have Purchased Some Stock In A Company LINEQ That Is In Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. The Company Is Set Up As Master Limited Partnership. I...
User Photo Randy Tarpey
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The company LINEQ Linn Energy has published several warnings about significant cancellation of debt income that could appear on your K-1. As an individual limited partner member you would report this K-1 income...   Read More
Taxpayer Dies May 2013. Taxpayer Receives 1099-C Dated December 13, 2013. Is This A 1040 Or 1041 Issue? How Would Anyone Handle This?
User Photo Kathryn Morgan
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Assuming there is no spouse involved, this would definitely go on the 1041 Estate Tax Return.   Read More
My Husband And I Sold Our Home In IL In May 2014 Through A Short Sale Due To His Job Transfer Ot Of State. (2) Questions: Has There Been...
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

As far as I know, there are no exceptions for cancellation of debt income due to a job relocation. There is currently a bill before Congress to extend many of the expired tax provisions. The extension of the...   Read More
Sub S With One Shareholder Formed In 2003 To Develop And Sell Medical Billing Software. Sub S Assumes All Assets And Liabilities Of Sole...
User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Even though the corporate organizer is the sole shareholder, the corporation is respected as a separate taxpayer. The trap here for the unwary is that an "S" Corporation is still subject to many of the basic "C"...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today