Tax Supervisor (San Francisco, CA)
TaxConnections has been retained to conduct a search for a Tax Supervisor for a high net worth family in San Francisco, CA. The Tax Supervisor is responsible for the preparation, review and filing of tax returns and supporting work papers for high net worth individuals, complex trusts, gifts, private foundations and entity tax returns for the family (the “Family”). Other tax compliance work includes the preparation of quarterly tax projections and determination of estimated tax payment requirements; tax research; and related correspondence with clients and contacts to request tax information.
This position is also responsible for providing year-round accounting and administrative support on recurring or special projects as determined by management. Responsibilities include preparation and review of federal and State income tax returns, including current knowledge of compliance and accounting matters for the following taxpayers:
- Trusts (i.e. Non-grantor and charitable split-interest)
- Private Foundations
- Partnerships and LLCs
- S Corporations
- Perform various tax planning and research, including tax forecasts and other projects that involve a high degree of complexity, as well as respond to correspondence and information requests from various government authorities;
- Prepare and record year-end tax true-up adjustments for the accounting system;
- Prepare annual trial balance excel schedules, including balance sheets and income statements for business entities;
- Preparation of written correspondence and information requests to respond to notices from tax authorities;
- Participate in tax examinations;
- Assist on special projects in the tax compliance and trust accounting;
- Must be able to work flexible and extended hours in order to complete filings, projects, and work assigned.
Education And Experience
Role requires a minimum of six years’ tax experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business. A CPA license and/or Master of Science in Taxation preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and have advanced knowledge of Excel with the ability to create and update complex tax forecasting models.
Would you like to privately learn more? Contact Us Today