TaxConnections is conducting a search for a Senior Tax Specialist for an investment group in San Francisco,CA. If you know of anyone interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please forward refer and forward this on to them today.
The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for performing tax compliance and planning functions as well as providing tax support for various entities, which may include Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Corporate entities. Significant emphasis will be on tax work related to Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies. Prepare federal and state income tax returns and forecasts and perform various tax planning and research projects that involve a high degree of complexity. Respond to audits by and information requests from various government authorities. Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and review federal, state, and local returns and reports for company entities.
- Review federal, state, and local returns and reports for portfolio companies.
- Gather information, analyze data, identify and research pertinent tax issues, prepare supporting work-papers and utilize preparation software packages to generate tax returns.
- Prepare and / or review tax information packages for, and liaise with, tax firms preparing outsourced returns.
- Participate in federal and state income tax audits by assisting the gathering of requested information, researching of pertinent tax issues and preparation of written responses.
- Prepare taxable income forecasts for specific entities or transactions and prepare estimate information for individual investors (and/or their tax advisors) in partnerships.
- Perform tax research and other special projects as required and as directed.
Education And Experience
A minimum of four years’ experience in income taxation required with a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting. Experience with pass-through taxation and compliance is required. Active CPA license is required; graduate degree in Taxation is a plus. Very good oral and written communication skills are essential.
Have a question? Contact email@example.com for more information.
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.