Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

my tax lady submitted the incorrect credit union and routing number for return deposit of my state and federal income can I provide the correct information to the IRS?

who to talk to about correcting return information
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Gerald Nordland
The IRS will make ONE attempt to directly deposit your refund.
If you’re lucky, no one at that bank will have that account number, the bank will reject the deposit and the IRS will send a check to your address.
If you’re NOT lucky, your refund will be deposited into someone else’s account and there is little you can do to get it back. The IRS has done their job and the bank cannot give out private information.
Since you no longer sign the tax return, it’s important to check the direct deposit information on the 8879 e-file authorization form before you sign it.
Leave a Comment 257 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today