Ask Tax Question

Refund of wages from an IRS wage levy. The Revenue Officer prepared the Taxpayers 433-A and arrived at $5,000 per month Disposable Income.

The IRS levied the Spouse's paycheck for several pay periods prior to engaging my services as their Representative. I prepared a 433-A and arrived at a negative $1,000 based on the National and Local standard tables. The RO calculated the TPs wages incorrectly on the 433-A which accounted for the largest discrepancy. In fact, out of the 15 line items listed on the 433-A, he had 10 wrong. Shortly after the submission of my 433-A and a completed 12153, the RO reversed his opinion and placed the TP in the Currently Not Collectible status.

I am preparing a letter to the Service to request a full refund of the improper wage levy based on IRM

Any additional observations or experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Ron Oddo
Scottsdale, AZ
Levy on Financial Transactions Wages Refund of tax penalty
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Caran Ebert, CPA
There is information missing in your observation such as what tax year(s) are they collecting for (a couple of statute of limitations may apply) and how long have they collected the levy from the wage as other statutes may apply.
Leave a Comment 63 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Devon McCarthy FCCA, EA

Sanford, Florida, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today