Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

New client was paid as a contractor when actually an employee for a couple of years. Is there a way to get some FICA, Medicare and withhold

Contractor / Employee
User Photo
Question Owner
Is there as way to request reimbursement of FICA, Medicare, withholding taxes paid from previous employer?
Reply 309 weeks ago
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Dan Gordon
I would have the client request a W-2 to replace the 1099 MISC from the employer reminding the employer that he was an employee and that the IRS will be informed if he does not respond.
Leave a Comment 309 weeks ago

User Photo
Question Owner
Thanks Dan. I was also told about Form 8919 and SS-8. Client issue was in 2010, 2011 and part of 2012. Not sure if any recourse is available.
Reply 309 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today