Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I recieved a 1099c today, i called the company they said "it was forgiven"but for me to take it to a tax person.. well i use turbo tax so now what?

TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Kathryn Morgan
This is a complicated situation. It depends on what type of debt was forgiven, if it was secured by physical property, if the property was repossessed or foreclosed, if you were solvent at the time of the debt being forgiven, etc. I would recommend that you use a tax professional this season. Depending on the size of the debt it could save you a ton of money.
Leave a Comment 400 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today