Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I have a question for a specialist in international taxation. Can the Tax authority of a country that has a tax treaty with the United States obtain a US citizen's tax information from the IRS without his or her permission.

TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Rajendra (Raaj) Singh, EA, MBA, MA
Generally, the IRS will not release my tax information to anyone without a valid POA from me. Probably, the Department of Justice may have to be involved in serious criminal matters. The tax treaty may contain an exception, though. Please contact Ms. Nadig, one of the experts on this site.

Manasa Sogal Nadig
MN Tax And Business Services
Michigan, USA

Thanks............Raaj Singh
Leave a Comment 156 weeks ago

User Photo
John Richardson
Depends on the terms of the treaty. There are different tax treaties with different countries.
Leave a Comment 155 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today