Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I have a Malaysian retirement svgs ac. In late 2013, I withdrew $180k and transferred some $90k to pay for my son's college tuition.

How do I report this transfer and is the money subject to US tax? In Malaysia the withdrawal is tax free as it is contributed with after tax $( like Roth ac)

Overseas retirement savings
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Dean Marzullo
Who Must File an FBAR
United States persons are required to file an FBAR if:
the United States person had a financial interest in or signature authority over at least one financial account located outside of the United States; and
the aggregate value of all foreign financial accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported.
United States person includes U.S. citizens; U.S. residents; entities, including but not limited to, corporations, partnerships, or limited liability companies, created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States; and trusts or estates formed under the laws of the United States.
Leave a Comment 341 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today