Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I am now retired and have filed for Social Security. Do I have to pay taxes on social security benefits?

social security benefits
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
William Keats
You may have to pay taxes on part of your social security benefits. The net result is based on a formula. Basically, if you are single, and income is $25000. or more; married-filing-jointly, and income over $32000; or more; married, but not living with spouse for full tax year and income over zero, these situations will have taxable social security..
Leave a Comment 429 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today