Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I am an ombudsman with the County of San Diego. I have a person who is a resident at an assisted living facility. He can not speak but can communicate via text and e-mail. He got a notice from the IRS for failure to file 2011 and 2012 taxes. He gets SSA and income from property(1099). My question is can he file the taxes through Turbo tax for back years or is it better to find someone who can do this for small fee. He can only afford about $100.00 do to his income level. Chris Gill

Late filing
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
John Dundon, II EA
If the taxpayer reasonably has his/her faculties then (s)he should be able to prepare and file in paper form both 2011 and 2012 using Turbo Tax - even though it is a horrible program in my opinion. If you would like to get me his 2011 and 2012 1099-SSA and 1099-MISC's I should be able to get both returns prepared, signed and electronically filed (including the California income tax returns) for $100 as I have special room in my heart for people in assisted living facilities. Presuming of course that the rental property in question is in California as well.
Leave a Comment 423 weeks ago

User Photo
Question Owner
Hi John: Thank you so much. How do we connect? I printed out the 2848 Form. I can go out this week and acquire the necessary papers. Chris Gill
Reply 423 weeks ago

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today