Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

How do U.S. tax rules constrain my investment choices if I am married and now living with my Australian husband in Australia?

U.S. Tax Rules Married To Non-U.S. Citizen
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Dan Gordon
The rules for investments etc. do not change because you are living abroad or married to a non US citizen. All the provisions that are available in the tax code are available to you as a US citizen. US-taxman handles these items regularly.
Leave a Comment 174 weeks ago

User Photo
John Richardson
Think of it! With the exception of the United States, when a person moves away from the country and establishes tax residency in another country, they will no longer be taxed as a resident of the first country.
But in the case of the United States: If a U.S. citizen moves from the United States and establishes tax residency in a new country: (1) they will STILL be taxable as a tax resident of the United States (2) they will be subjected to a separate and more punitive system of taxation! (3) they will have to engage in financial planning according to the rules of the tax system where he resides.
Read full article:
Leave a Comment 174 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today