How do I find the accountant for me & what questions should I ask?

Have been doing my own taxes through turbotax for 10 years,however, this year I feel the need to make sure I'm not cheating myself. I'm recently retired,am contributing to my daughter's business(which I can't afford). am wanting to take an office in the home this year for my consulting work and for managing my rental property. Would like to contribute to our 2 iras to the extent allowed. Can I find a good accountant at this late date? I'm ready to go with records.
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Daniel Bosler
Interesting you should ask that question. Being that you have used TurboTax in the past, it may interest you to know that I am one of this year's top "Turbo Tax Personal Pros". I helped people from Florida to Alaska with mostly difficult and unusual situations they had. If you don't mind working remotely, we could probably work well together. Whether this be true or you want someone local, you should make sure you are dealing with someone who has tax expertise and is held accountable for it. Tax attorneys and CPAs are held accountable by their state regulatory agencies, but there is another group you should look at: Enrolled Agents. EAs are licensed by the Department of Treasury to help people with IRS issues. To get that license EAs have to pass three difficult tests on IRS tax law and ethical behavior. You can find an EA (which I am) through or, which is the website of the National Association of Enrolled Agents. Dan Bosler, EA, 810-629-0845;
Leave a Comment 204 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John L Stancil

Tax Advisor/CEO

Lakeland, FL

User Photo John R Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo Kevin Johnson MS, JD, LL.M, CPA


Philadelphia, PA

User Photo Brian Weaver, CPA, MBA

Managing Tax Consultant

Des Plaines, IL

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, CA


User Photo Clinton J Donnelly, LLM

International Tax Advisor

Panama City, Panama

User Photo Jim Marshall, EA

President/ Tax And Financial Advisor

Scottsdale, AZ

User Photo Brett A Thompson, JD, CPA

Managing Tax Lawyer

Katy, TX

User Photo Charles Woodson, EA

Tax Advisor/Fiduciary Coach

San Diego, CA

User Photo John Richardson

Tax Lawyer

Toronto, Canada

User Photo Clifford Benjamin

Senior Tax Principal

Daytona Beach, FL

User Photo Kazim Qasim, EA, CTC

Managing Tax Advisor/CEO

Orlando, FL


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today