Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

Does a foreign member of an US LLC, which receive all of its income from foreign sources, needs to report its income in the US?

is the US LLC has reporting obligation in the US since all of its income from foreign sources? also what about the foreign members who receive K-1 from the LLC? do they need to report in the US?
Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
John Stancil
Since it is a US LLC, it must report its income in the US. That income is considered effectively connected US income and is subject to income tax. Most likely, the LLC will be required to withhold tax from the foreign members.
Leave a Comment 298 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today