What needs to be considered prior to the introduction of the MOSS Scheme on 1st January 2015 by businesses already established in Ireland or thinking about establishing in Ireland?
• It is essential to examine your contract to establish who exactly is paying you and if your customer is a taxable or non taxable person. This is particularly important in the context of undisclosed agents/commissionaire structures, etc.
• You must determine where your B2C customers are located. Your business may require additional contractual provisions and amendments to your systems to include this information.
• It is important to examine the impact of the different VAT rates in each E.U. member state on your margins. This may require revising your pricing structure.
• What are the invoicing rules in other member states?
• What about compliance issues in individual E.U. member states?
• Are there any occasions in which you need to register in an individual member state?