My kids did their share of summer camps growing up and like many other parents, my husband and I dealt with guilt and whiny kids. Many are luckier than us; they have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) through their employer to defray some of the hefty costs of day-care. Let’s take a look at what summer camp costs are tax-deductible.
Tag Archive for Form 2441
You may be able to claim a credit for child and dependent care, if you pay someone to care for your dependent child who is under the age of 13, or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. You must have incurred this expenditure so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) could work or look for work. If you are married, both you and your spouse must have some form of earned income, unless one spouse either was a full-time student for 5 months of the tax year, or was physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
The child and dependent care credit, which is a nonrefundable credit, is generally a percentage of the amount of the work-related child and dependent care expenses you paid to a care provider. The amount of this percentage depends on your adjusted gross Read more
- Rental Expenses Ireland – High Court DecisionBy Claire McNamaraThe High Court decision in Revenue Commissioners v Thomas Collins has just been published. It states that contrary to Revenue’s position, the NPPR (Non Principal Private Residence) charge was in fact […]
- Webinar – Thursday Jan. 19th – Using Video For Your BusinessBy Kat JenningsUnderstanding and using video is a powerful tool to have for your business. Looking at past trends, 2016 seems to be a huge year for using video. it has been reported that 61% of businesses in the […]
- You Need An Experienced Tax Attorney To Quash IRS Summons!By Ronald MariniA group of taxpayers associated with a limited partnership under audit by the Internal Revenue Service lost their battle against the agency’s summonses for financial information when the U.S. Supreme […]
- OECD Updates BEPS Financial Payments And Tax TreatiesBy William ByrnesThe 2015 Report on BEPS Action 4 established a common approach which directly links an entity’s net interest deductions to its level of economic activity, based on taxable EBITDA. Further work on two […]
- Tax Write-Offs: MileIQ And Mileage DeductionsBy AdvertorialA write-off, or a tax deduction, can be quite useful for taxpayers of all kinds. It’s particularly handy for those who are self-employed, including small business owners. How does a write-off work? […]
- Rental Expenses Ireland – High Court Decision