My kids did their share of summer camps growing up and like many other parents, my husband and I dealt with guilt and whiny kids. Many are luckier than us; they have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) through their employer to defray some of the hefty costs of day-care. Let’s take a look at what summer camp costs are tax-deductible.
Tag Archive for Form 2441
You may be able to claim a credit for child and dependent care, if you pay someone to care for your dependent child who is under the age of 13, or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. You must have incurred this expenditure so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) could work or look for work. If you are married, both you and your spouse must have some form of earned income, unless one spouse either was a full-time student for 5 months of the tax year, or was physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
The child and dependent care credit, which is a nonrefundable credit, is generally a percentage of the amount of the work-related child and dependent care expenses you paid to a care provider. The amount of this percentage depends on your adjusted gross Read more
Want Us To Gift You
A Virtual Office?
Private And Confidential
Executive Search Services
- Contacting Members of Congress – Dos And Do NotsBy Thomas KeresterMembers of Congress have many sources from which they can obtain critical information on the impact a proposed tax will have on taxpayers generally. But they value most the information they obtain […]
- How TaxConnections Compares To Tax Law SitesBy Kat JenningsA lawyer asked me recently how TaxConnections compared to the sites of major law firms and Avvo. We took these statistics from Amazon/Alexa on March 28, 2017. If you are wondering why visitors […]
- Self-Prepared Returns For Tax PayersBy Larry Stolberg, CPA, CAOften taxpayers, whether Canadian or U.S. tax filers, are self-preparing their own returns with tax preparation software packages purchased in the market place. Problems arise numerous times in that […]
- Tax Rules For Bad Debts On A Balance SheetBy Grant GilmourHow do income tax rules treat bad debts? Facts: There are two provisions in the Income Tax Act (ITA) for bad debts. […]
- Procrastinators Of The World Unite – File Your Taxes!By Manasa NadigAre you a straggler when it comes to filing taxes? You are not alone! There are many who dread the idea, in fact I know of many tax consultants who have someone else file their own. If you are the […]
- Contacting Members of Congress – Dos And Do Nots