My kids did their share of summer camps growing up and like many other parents, my husband and I dealt with guilt and whiny kids. Many are luckier than us; they have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) through their employer to defray some of the hefty costs of day-care. Let’s take a look at what summer camp costs are tax-deductible.
Tag Archive for Form 2441
You may be able to claim a credit for child and dependent care, if you pay someone to care for your dependent child who is under the age of 13, or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. You must have incurred this expenditure so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) could work or look for work. If you are married, both you and your spouse must have some form of earned income, unless one spouse either was a full-time student for 5 months of the tax year, or was physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
The child and dependent care credit, which is a nonrefundable credit, is generally a percentage of the amount of the work-related child and dependent care expenses you paid to a care provider. The amount of this percentage depends on your adjusted gross Read more
Private And Confidential
Executive Search Services
- SEC Obtains $58 Million Judgment Against Perpetrator of International Pump-and-Dump Scheme Involving Marley CoffeeBy William ByrnesThe Securities and Exchange Commission obtained a $58 million judgment against a UK and Canadian resident charged with perpetrating a multi million-dollar, international pump-and-dump scheme […]
- You are Invited! View TEI-SJSU’s High Tech Tax Institute Conference AgendaBy Annette NellenThe SJSU MST Program manages and co-sponsors three annual tax conferences. Our hallmark High Tech Tax Institute, started in 1988, is a two-day conference held each November. Speakers and attendees […]
- What Happened to the IRS OVDP Website?By Ronald MariniWhere you represent as many taxpayers as we do in relation to cleaning up their previously undeclared offshore investments and bank accounts, your are on the IRS’ website daily to review the […]
- Mamma Mia! Italian Tax Court Rules On Inter-Company Loan Interest Withholding Tax, Beneficial Owner Withholding ExemptionBy Marco RossiWith its Ruling n. 4091 of June 12, 2017, the Eighth Department of Tax Commission (District Tax Court) of Milan, Italy ruled that upon the cancellation of an inter company loan from a Dutch parent […]
- What Expenses Does Mileage Reimbursement Cover?By AdvertorialA mileage reimbursement program can be key for many businesses. But, often employees ask, “What expenses does a mileage reimbursement cover?” Let’s go over that, as well as some tips for a great […]
- SEC Obtains $58 Million Judgment Against Perpetrator of International Pump-and-Dump Scheme Involving Marley Coffee