My kids did their share of summer camps growing up and like many other parents, my husband and I dealt with guilt and whiny kids. Many are luckier than us; they have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) through their employer to defray some of the hefty costs of day-care. Let’s take a look at what summer camp costs are tax-deductible.
Tag Archive for Form 2441
You may be able to claim a credit for child and dependent care, if you pay someone to care for your dependent child who is under the age of 13, or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. You must have incurred this expenditure so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) could work or look for work. If you are married, both you and your spouse must have some form of earned income, unless one spouse either was a full-time student for 5 months of the tax year, or was physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
The child and dependent care credit, which is a nonrefundable credit, is generally a percentage of the amount of the work-related child and dependent care expenses you paid to a care provider. The amount of this percentage depends on your adjusted gross Read more
Private And Confidential
Executive Search Services
- Private Debt Collection: Hardship (Part 2 of 3)By Nina OlsonI have always had concerns about outsourcing tax debts to private collection agencies (PCAs). First, I believe tax collection is an “inherently governmental function” within the meaning of section […]
- Participating vs Non-Participating Shares – Canada Tax FAQsBy Grant GilmourWhy should I be concerned about participating and non-participating shares in my company? Shares in a corporation can be participating or non-participating, among other features. Participating shares […]
- Tax Burdens Prompt More Americans To Ditch CitizenshipBy FATCA TRACKERAmericans abroad have just about had it with Uncle Sam’s tax filing requirements. Those were the findings from a recent survey of more than 2,100 U.S. expatriates, according to Greenback Expat Tax […]
- FBAR Instructions For U.S. Expats Filing FinCEN Form 114By Hugo LesserAmericans living abroad are still required to file a U.S. tax return, and furthermore they may have to report their foreign bank and investment accounts by filing a Foreign Bank Account Report, or […]
- Practice Ignition Training Webinar – Thursday, July 26thBy AdvertorialJoin me as I introduce Ryan Embree from Practice Ignition who will walk you through step by step instructions on how to use this super easy template software. What Practice Ignition has done is take […]
- Private Debt Collection: Hardship (Part 2 of 3)