My kids did their share of summer camps growing up and like many other parents, my husband and I dealt with guilt and whiny kids. Many are luckier than us; they have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) through their employer to defray some of the hefty costs of day-care. Let’s take a look at what summer camp costs are tax-deductible.
Tag Archive for Form 2441
You may be able to claim a credit for child and dependent care, if you pay someone to care for your dependent child who is under the age of 13, or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. You must have incurred this expenditure so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) could work or look for work. If you are married, both you and your spouse must have some form of earned income, unless one spouse either was a full-time student for 5 months of the tax year, or was physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
The child and dependent care credit, which is a nonrefundable credit, is generally a percentage of the amount of the work-related child and dependent care expenses you paid to a care provider. The amount of this percentage depends on your adjusted gross Read more
- If Robots Replace People, Should They Be Paying Taxes?By William RogersThe capability of artificial intelligence has reached a point that it is no longer a question of if robots will replace people, but a matter of when. Highly automated factory floors, driverless cars, […]
- Multi-State Tax Facts For Biotech & Pharmaceutical CompaniesBy Monika MilesIf you’ve been following our series about multi-state tax facts for various facets of the technology industry, you may be aware of one more niche we haven’t discussed yet: BioTech and Pharmaceutical […]
- No Gift Tax On Transfer Of Property To Trusts, Italian RulingBy Marco RossiIn its ruling n. 21614 of October 26, 2016 Italy’s Supreme Court considered the issue of the application of the gift tax upon the transfer of property to a trust. The issue arises under the […]
- U.S. Border Tax Runs Into ObstaclesBy Ronald MariniPreviously, we posted Border Tariff or Border Adjustment Tax or US VAT? where we discussed that there’s a lot of talk these days about borders and taxes in Washington. U.S. President Donald […]
- Frequent IRS Questions Answered For Tax TimeBy AdvertorialThe IRS is urging tax payers to “avoid the rush” and use IRS.gov to find quick answers to frequently-asked questions. We’ll go over some of these questions below and be sure to let us know any other […]
- If Robots Replace People, Should They Be Paying Taxes?