My kids did their share of summer camps growing up and like many other parents, my husband and I dealt with guilt and whiny kids. Many are luckier than us; they have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) through their employer to defray some of the hefty costs of day-care. Let’s take a look at what summer camp costs are tax-deductible.
Tag Archive for Form 2441
You may be able to claim a credit for child and dependent care, if you pay someone to care for your dependent child who is under the age of 13, or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. You must have incurred this expenditure so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) could work or look for work. If you are married, both you and your spouse must have some form of earned income, unless one spouse either was a full-time student for 5 months of the tax year, or was physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
The child and dependent care credit, which is a nonrefundable credit, is generally a percentage of the amount of the work-related child and dependent care expenses you paid to a care provider. The amount of this percentage depends on your adjusted gross Read more
- A Modest Proposal – Let’s Fix ExtensionsBy John StancilI remember when tax season was pretty much over after April 15. Sure, there were extensions, but for four months and you had to justify an additional two-month grace period. Since the additional […]
- Tax Reform “Revolution” In 1986 But More Needed TodayBy Annette NellenSaturday, October 22, was the 30th anniversary of the Tax Reform Act of 1986 (see 10/18/16 post). My class enjoyed a “Happy anniversary TRA86” cake! TRA86 represented a lot of changes […]
- Free Webinar- Solving The Toughest Tax Provision Audit Challenges – November 4thBy AdvertorialTaxConnections brings you two leading tax experts in tax provision webinar scheduled for November 4th, 2016. Presenters Stephen Day and Nick Frank will discuss what the tax auditors always challenge […]
- IRS Nets $10 Billion From More Than 100,000 Taxpayers In The OVDP ProgramsBy Ronald MariniThe IRS, in news release IR 2016-137, highlighted the accomplishments of its Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and encouraged taxpayers with undisclosed offshore accounts to come into […]
- Several New Jurisdictions Sign Transfer Pricing, Automatic Sharing Of Corporate Country-By-Country ReportsBy William ByrnesAs part of continuing efforts to boost transparency by multinational enterprises (MNEs), Brazil, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Latvia signed today the Multilateral Competent Authority […]
- A Modest Proposal – Let’s Fix Extensions