Stuart SobelView All Courses By Stuart Sobel
View TaxConnections Profile
Stu Sobel is the consummate Instructor with 30 years IRS experience; co-authored the IRS Examination Standards Manual; taught at major universities; had a nationally syndicated radio program and published four books on taxation. Stu has provided continuing education to more than 25,000 CPAs, Attorneys, Enrolled Agents and Non-Profits Members/Directors.
Take This Education Course
Purchase This Without CPE Credit For $39.00
Take Course With CPE Credit
Purchase This With CPE Credit For $79.00
Creating a nonprofit organization that meets the strict IRS guidelines is a challenging task. This course focuses on the major issues that must be resolved by the organization and provides insight into the successful preparation of the IRS application for tax-exempt status.
The course is instructed by Stuart Sobel who has personally been involved with the formation of more than 2000 organizations worldwide. Stu has been referred to by the media as a tax expert and the “Guru of Giving”.
• Establishing a board of directors that meets governmental requirements
• Formation of organizational bylaws
• Forms of business organization for a nonprofit organization
• Preparing IRS Forms 1023 and 1024 – applications for tax-exempt status
• Tax and governance issues discussed in depth
• Identify the steps for the formation of a successful organization
• Discover tips for preparing a complete IRS Form 1023 or 1024
Tax practitioners who are advising their clients on the formation of new nonprofit organizations
Table of Contents
NASBA field of study: 2 hours CPE Credit