Stuart SobelView All Courses By Stuart Sobel
View TaxConnections Profile
Stu Sobel is the consummate Instructor with 30 years IRS experience; co-authored the IRS Examination Standards Manual; taught at major universities; had a nationally syndicated radio program and published four books on taxation. Stu has provided continuing education to more than 25,000 CPAs, Attorneys, Enrolled Agents and Non-Profits Members/Directors.
Take This Education Course
Purchase This Without CPE Credit For $39.00
Take Course With CPE Credit
Purchase This With CPE Credit For $79.00
Payroll taxes have become a huge burden for the average business, and penalties for noncompliance can be devastating. This course provides an in-depth analysis of the major crises taxpayers can encounter in the area of payroll taxes and provides guidance for resolving the problems in clients’ best interest.
The following topics are discussed in detail.
• Employee vs. independent contractor determinations –
• Responsible officer determinations – IRC section 6672
• Negotiating with the IRS Appeals Office
• Section 530 employees
• Proper handling of fringe benefits
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to
• Distinguish an employee from an independent contractor and understand the available relief
• Comply with the various reporting requirements
• Understand how to abate penalties
Table of Contents
NASBA field of study: 2 hours CPE Credit