Stuart SobelView All Courses By Stuart Sobel
View TaxConnections Profile
Stu Sobel is the consummate Instructor with 30 years IRS experience; co-authored the IRS Examination Standards Manual; taught at major universities; had a nationally syndicated radio program and published four books on taxation. Stu has provided continuing education to more than 25,000 CPAs, Attorneys, Enrolled Agents and Non-Profits Members/Directors.
Take This Education Course
Purchase This Without CPE Credit For $39.00
Take Course With CPE Credit
Purchase This With CPE Credit For $79.00
The IRS is not limited reviewing only a taxpayer’s books and records to verify income. IRS examiners are allowed to use specific income approaches and alternative methods to propose adjustments. This class will help practitioners to understand the approaches the IRS uses and provide them with adequate defenses for their clients.
The following topics are discussed in detail.
• Return selection process: how to avoid unnecessary examination
• Setting the scope of examination with the IRS examiner
• In-depth analysis of the source and application of funds method, cash transaction analysis, and the net worth method used to determine unreported income
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to
• Learn how to provide the best advice for clients
• Identify the most common errors the IRS makes in verifying income
• Prepare adequately for an IRS examination of reported income
Table of Contents
NASBA field of study: 2 hours CPE Credit