TaxConnections has recently been retained to conduct a search for a Tax Specialist for an investment firm in San Francisco, CA.
The Tax Specialist is responsible for performing tax compliance and planning functions as well as providing tax support for various business entities, which may include Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Corporate entities. Significant emphasis will be on tax work related to Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies. Responsible for the preparation of federal and state income tax returns and forecasts and perform various tax planning and research projects that involve a high degree of complexity. Respond to audits and information requests from various government authorities.
- Prepare federal, state, and local returns and reports for business entities.
- Gather information, analyze data, identify and research pertinent tax issues, prepare supporting work-papers and utilize preparation software packages to generate tax returns.
- Prepare tax information packages for, and liaise with, tax firms preparing outsourced returns.
- Participate in federal and state income tax audits by assisting the gathering of requested information, researching of pertinent tax issues and preparation of written responses.
- Prepare taxable income forecasts for specific entities or transactions and prepare estimate information for individual investors (and / or their tax advisors) in partnerships.
- Perform tax research and other special projects as required and as directed.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting from a four-year college or university and a minimum of two years of experience in income taxation is required. Active CPA license is required; graduate degree in Taxation is a plus as is experience with pass-through taxation and compliance. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Contact Kat Jennings for a private introduction.