Kat Jennings, TaxConnections CEO and internationally recognized tax search consultant, has worked with many firms over the years. One of her clients is an East Bay Area boutique tax practice with former Big Four Tax Partners and has grown to around a 50-person tax practice. They offer a culture of support, respect, flexibility, and opportunity that is refreshing to experience these days.
Tax Manager/Partnerships (Pleasanton, CA)
The Tax Manager role requires partnership, S corp and individual tax consulting experience and the skills to effectively diagnose clients’ needs in order to develop and implement solutions. Primary responsibilities involve providing tax compliance, tax accounting, tax research and planning on partnerships, s corps and individual tax return for sophisticated clientele. We will build upon your technical strengths in order to expand your expertise in partnership, s corp and individual taxation. Our firm builds well-rounded tax experts to serve a myriad of client needs which leads to continued professional growth. Our culture is to develop trusted tax advisors with sound judgement with the highest ethical standards in the profession. The Tax Manager/Partnerships will be responsible for a range of projects including:
– Responsibility for advising clients on a wide range of tax matters related to the operation and disposition of partnerships, s corps and individual tax.
– Effectively manage teams, review work papers completed by staff and ensure proper and timely completion of client projects.
– Manage and coordinate income tax compliance, research and planning, and special projects.
– Manage and review the preparation of clients partnership, s corp and individual tax returns.
– Manage the preparation and review of the quarterly and year-end tax provision and related financial statements.
– Collaborate with internal and external parties to gather partnership, s corp and individual tax return information.
– Accurately determine and report clients’ partnership, c corp and individual taxable income.
– Determine and monitor estimated income tax payments to minimize clients’ federal and state income taxes.
– Identify, develop, and implement timely tax planning strategies in order to effectively enhance clients’ tax position.
– Provide well-written and documented conclusions for tax positions recommended to clients.
– Proactively identify areas for process improvements and implement solutions to streamline tax processes.
– Prepare tax research, planning, compliance, and documentation required for tax filings and tax audits.
– Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted tax legislation and regulations and communicate relevant information to clients.
The Tax Manager role requires a minimum of five to ten years tax experience with a solid working knowledge of partnership, s corp and individual taxation. A BS/BA in Accounting, a CPA and/or MST required. This opportunity is ideal for individuals with Big Four, national or regional firm experience; or combined public accounting and corporate experience. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word with tax software experience highly desirable.
If interested in a private introduction, please contact Kat@TaxConnections.com to discuss your qualifications and ensure complete privacy. Your privacy is always protected.
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.