TaxConnections has been retained to conduct a search for a Tax Director for a publicly listed company in the San Diego, CA area. Our client seeks a tax executive to lead an experienced tax team for a company with significant international operations.
This role reports to the VP, Global Tax and is responsible for US GAAP world-wide tax accounting & reporting, including domestic income tax compliance and income tax audits. Technical GAAP and tax skills, strong communication skills, team development and stakeholder management will be integral to the role as the successful candidate will be expected to work with senior internal and external stakeholders, as well as develop and lead a team of tax professionals.
- Own all aspects of US GAAP world-wide quarterly and annual tax accounting and reporting encompassing the global ASC 740 tax provision process, from planning and forecasting through to calculations, recording analysis and reporting.
- Identify and mitigate company risks and communicate areas of potential exposure to management. Analyze and document FIN 48/ASC 740-10 and FAS 5 reserves.
- Identify and resolve GAAP technical tax accounting matters, including issue spotting, collaboration with the Accounting Group, consensus building with internal and external stakeholders, and quality documentation of conclusions.
- Lead, supervise and transform the tax accounting processes and delivery schedule, including introducing technology-enabled solutions where appropriate. Maintain concurrent, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all filings.
- Analyze tax accounting and reporting requirements for business combinations, debt and equity offerings, and other major corporate transactions.
- Ensure that the group’s tax accounting processes, documentation and related systems are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
- Work with financial planning team to forecast ETR, cash taxes, and impacts of potential business activities
• Assist to identify, analyze and implement tax planning opportunities, including for U.S. tax reform, M&A transactions, and business initiatives. • Strong analytical thinking and writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Manage income tax audits and inquiries by governmental authorities
A Bachelor’s Degree required with a Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Tax with a CPA preferred. Minimum of 12-15 years’ experience combined public accounting and corporate with strong tax provision and compliance knowledge and skill. Role requires an individual with the willingness and ability to collaborate with international and indirect tax personnel and cross functional teams and to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review.
Contact Us For Private Introduction