This position reports directory to the VP of Corporate Taxation and as Tax Director, Global Tax Reporting is responsible for oversight and preparation of the global consolidate income tax provision in accordance with US GAAP accounting principles, manage the SOX 404 controls process as it relates to the global consolidated income tax provision, partner with Univar’s financial statement auditor and Financial Reporting & Analysis team as a key stakeholder in global EBT data delivery and contribute to special projects within the Global Tax Department as needed.
This position oversees and resolves highly complex tax reporting and strategic planning issues with high impact to the organization. On a day-to-day basis, this position will be expected to fulfill the financial income tax reporting obligations of the enterprise and lead continuous process improvements within the global consolidated income tax provision process. Duties Include:
• Prepares Executive Analysis and presents quarterly and annual results to the Vice President – Global Tax, as well the Company’s CFO, Controller and other stakeholders such as the Audit Committee. The global consolidated income tax provision reporting results have high visibility to internal leaders and external shareholders
. • Directs the timely and accurate financial reporting and disclosure for income taxes in Form 10K, Forms 10Q, earnings releases, supporting websites schedules, and other SEC filings, including the effective tax rate as well as current and deferred tax provisions, valuation allowances, uncertain tax positions, and disclosure of tax risks. Be highly proficient with the Regulation S-X reporting rules.
• Analyzes the consolidation of the tax provision for the quarterly and annual interim reporting periods. This includes calculating annual and quarterly effective tax rates; documenting quarterly income tax provision processes which satisfy SOX-404 control requirements and directing the preparation of the quarterly and year-end tax provision entries at a consolidated level in conformity with US GAAP requirements and SEC disclosures.
• Must confidently lead through knowledge and expertise and direct global team of tax professionals on highly complicated, technical matters on highly visible and time sensitive projects
• Communicates clearly and timely with global Tax Department team, the global External Reporting team and senior management comprised of personnel with diverse backgrounds and based in multiple locations, on mid to highly complex matters for both technical tax and technical income tax accounting
.• Coordination and calculation of company-wide GAAP/tax basis deferred tax balances under ASC 740, quarterly income tax provisions, year-end income tax provision and annual tax rate forecast. Ensures proper recording of journal entries for income taxes and special transactions. Oversees the return to accrual reconciliation process on a global basis. Responsible for the development of analysis of income tax accounting requirements, drafting of white paper’s documenting key facts, regulations and technical analysis.
• Leads Tax Department compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley • 404 requirements and ensures best practices are followed at all levels • Oversees the income tax and accounting aspects of ASC 718 (f.k.a.FAS 123R) and preparation of the quarterly and year-end entries • Oversees and manages the international tax impacts of global non-share based compensation
• Coordinate and oversee ASC 450 analysis for non-income tax issues • Works directly with the Financial Planning & Analysis leadership team to review quarterly forecasts and ensure the US, Canada, EMEA and LATAM income tax provision teams have the appropriate data necessary to prepare the region tax provision
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of SAP, HFM, SharePoint and OneSource Tax Provision and Workflow/FileRoom applications, as well as other financial reporting tools to analyze appropriate financial data • Demonstrates a deep technical understanding of ASC 740, including the impacts of items such as the intra-period income tax allocation, valuation allowances, permanent reinvestment of foreign earnings, currency impacts, uncertain tax positions, and inside and outside tax and financial basis exceptions.