Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please enter your input in search

Tag Archive for Tax Obligations For Holding Foreign Real Estate

Tax Obligations For Holding Foreign Real Estate

Grant Gilmour, Canadia Tax Expert

If a Canadian corporation holds foreign real estate, there are certain reporting requirements:

  • T1135 return must be filed if you own property with a cost of $100,000 Canadian dollars or more (see International FAQ #12).
  • If a Canadian corporation owns 10% or more in shares of a non-resident corporation (foreign affiliate), then there is a requirement to file a T1134 return (see International FAQ #34).

These reporting requirements are just information returns. Any additional tax liabilities are reported on corporate or personal tax returns.

Read more