Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please enter your input in search

Tag Archive for Request Copy Of Your U.S. Tax Return

How To Get A Copy Or Transcript Of Your U.S. Tax Return

How To Get A Copy Of US Tax Return

There are different ways to obtain tax return information. Most requests can be satisfied with a computer printout of your return information called a transcript. However, sometimes you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return with all attachments (including Form W-2). Copies are generally available for returns filed for the current and past six years. On jointly filed tax returns, either spouse may request a copy and only the signature from the requesting spouse is required on the Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return (PDF). You should complete Form 4506 and mail it to the address listed in the instructions, along with a $50 fee for each tax return requested.

  • Make your check or money order payable to the United States Treasury
  • Enter your SSN, ITIN, or EIN and “Form 4506 request” on your check or money order
  • Allow 75 calendar days for us to process your request

Read more