Larry Stolberg

The Canadian Income Tax Act provides a time period in which one may appeal a Notice of Assessment (NOA) or Reassessment. It is not unusual for a taxpayer not to have received the NOA. Although the taxpayer should advise Canada Revenue Agency of any change in addresses or to correct an incorrect address on file, this case was decided on the premise of the lack of communication to the taxpayer of CRA’s assessment of tax payable for a taxation year.

Read More