Fair Tax Competition: The country should not have harmful tax regimes, which go against the principles of the EU’s Code of Conduct or OECD’s Forum on Harmful Tax Practices. Those that choose to have no or zero-rate corporate taxation should ensure that this does not encourage artificial offshore structures without real economic activity. In the context of the screening process, the Code of Conduct Group invited each jurisdiction where concerns were identified to commit to address such concerns. The large majority of jurisdictions have decided to introduce the relevant changes in their tax legislation in order to comply with the EU screening criteria. The following jurisdictions are committed to addressing the concerns relating to economic substance by 2018: Bermuda; Cayman Islands; Guernsey; Isle of Man; Jersey; and Vanuatu.
Tag Archive for Offshore Financial Center
What is the Economic Activity Requirement that Offshore Financial Center’s Agreed to Adopt into Law?
The purpose of this section is to provide a cursory view of foreign trusts and financial planning, the emphasis of which is asset protection from judgments. The basic taxation regime of a foreign trust can be reviewed in a previous writing, Income Taxation of Foreign Trusts and Beneficiaries, TaxConnections, November 25, 2013.
The focus here is the treatment by the United States taxing authority upon a foreign trust pertaining to the tax consequences subsequent to transfer. The points of relevance are the income tax treatment to the Settlor, beneficiary, and trust and the consequential use of the Read more
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Federal Court Concludes That FBAR Penalties Are Not Subject To The Flora RuleBy Matthew RobertsIt has been more than 60 years since the Supreme Court held that, under 28 U.S.C. § 1346(a)(1), taxpayers seeking to file federal tax claims against the government in federal court must pay the full […]
- Mr. FBAR: Rule Of Law vs. Rule By LawBy John RichardsonIntroduction: Looking For Mr. FBAR – Outside Looking In Rather Than Inside Looking Out FBAR cases are newsworthy. For the last decade blogs and legal journals have been populated by some of the […]
- What Taxpayers Need To Know About Getting Their Unclaimed 2017 Tax RefundsBy IRSThe IRS reminds taxpayers they may have money waiting for them. An estimated 1.3 million taxpayers didn’t file a 2017 Form 1040 federal income tax return and are due a refund. Here are some things […]
- Complimentary eBook of Quotes And InspirationBy TaxConnections AdminOne person with conviction will overwhelm a hundred who have only opinions. ~ Winston Churchill Nothing truly stops you. Nothing truly holds you back. For your own will is always within your control. […]
- Tax Treaties: United States And FinlandBy Jason FreemanQuick Summary. Located in Europe’s Nordic region, Finland shares a border with Sweden, Russia and Norway. Officially the Republic of Finland, Finland is a parliamentary republic. Finland obtained […]
- Federal Court Concludes That FBAR Penalties Are Not Subject To The Flora Rule
- Federal Court Concludes That FBAR Penalties Are Not Subject To The Flora Rule on
- CFOs And Tax Executives: Hiring Tax Professionals Today on
- Stretched To Its Breaking Point, The IRS Needs Multiyear, Sustained Funding To Efficiently Administer Tax Laws on
- IRS Office Of Chief Counsel Unveils National Virtual Settlement Days on
- German Tax Authorities Reported To Be Imposing Tax On US Military Pay on
Tax Blog Archives
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
INCREASE KNOWLEDGE WITH EVERY ISSUE OF TAXCONNECTIONS