Fair Tax Competition: The country should not have harmful tax regimes, which go against the principles of the EU’s Code of Conduct or OECD’s Forum on Harmful Tax Practices. Those that choose to have no or zero-rate corporate taxation should ensure that this does not encourage artificial offshore structures without real economic activity. In the context of the screening process, the Code of Conduct Group invited each jurisdiction where concerns were identified to commit to address such concerns. The large majority of jurisdictions have decided to introduce the relevant changes in their tax legislation in order to comply with the EU screening criteria. The following jurisdictions are committed to addressing the concerns relating to economic substance by 2018: Bermuda; Cayman Islands; Guernsey; Isle of Man; Jersey; and Vanuatu.
Tag Archive for Offshore Financial Center
What is the Economic Activity Requirement that Offshore Financial Center’s Agreed to Adopt into Law?
The purpose of this section is to provide a cursory view of foreign trusts and financial planning, the emphasis of which is asset protection from judgments. The basic taxation regime of a foreign trust can be reviewed in a previous writing, Income Taxation of Foreign Trusts and Beneficiaries, TaxConnections, November 25, 2013.
The focus here is the treatment by the United States taxing authority upon a foreign trust pertaining to the tax consequences subsequent to transfer. The points of relevance are the income tax treatment to the Settlor, beneficiary, and trust and the consequential use of the Read more
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Corporate Tax Executives And CFOs – Valuable Insight Of What Is To Come For Multinational CorporationsBy Kat JenningsRecently, as I was reaching out to one of the many retired tax luminaries in Silicon Valley with an important question for him. I asked, “What advice would you give the rising new generation of […]
- Business Valuation, Growing Value And Liquidity Realization (Part XX Of Book Series)By Michael GilburdComprehensive Business Review – A Trusted Business Advisor can help you author, design and develop a very clear Business Plan that meets the requirements of a sophisticated audience. Generally, less […]
- Learn About The United States Tax CourtBy TaxConnections AdminThe mission of the United States Tax Court is to provide a national forum for the expeditious resolution of disputes between taxpayers and the Internal Revenue Service; for careful consideration of […]
- IRS Finalizes Guidance On Deduction For Foreign-Derived Intangible Income And Global Intangible Low-Taxed IncomeBy IRSThe Internal Revenue Service issued final regulations that provide guidance on deductions for foreign-derived intangible income (FDII) and global intangible low-taxed income allowed to domestic […]
- Senior Tax Manager-International Compliance (Sunnyvale, CA)By Kat JenningsTaxConnections has been retained to conduct a search for a Senior Tax Manager – International for a global technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA. .This position is responsible […]
- Corporate Tax Executives And CFOs – Valuable Insight Of What Is To Come For Multinational Corporations
Tax Blog Archives
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
INCREASE KNOWLEDGE WITH EVERY ISSUE OF TAXCONNECTIONS