What is the Federal Payment Levy Program (FPLP)?
The Federal Payment Levy Program (FPLP) gives the IRS the right to seize a portion of certain payments you receive from the government. If you are a federal employee, a government contractor, or receiving Social Security benefits, your payments could be offset under the FPLP.
Payments Covered By The FPLP
Any of the following payments can be offset under the FPLP:
- Federal employee salaries
- Federal employee retirement annuities
- Certain Social Security benefits
- Railroad retirement benefits
- Military retirement payments
- Medicare provider and supplier payments
- Federal payments made to you as a contractor or vendor doing business with the government
Only Social Security retirement and survivors’ benefits are subject to the FPLP, not disability benefits or Supplement Security Income.