“Beanie Baby Billionaire Requests Leniency after Tax Evasion Conviction: H. Ty Warner, the billionaire creator of Beanie Baby plush toys and owner of Ty Warner Hotel & Resorts, whose operations include the Four Seasons Hotel in New York, New York, asked a judge to give him probation, rather than prison, for evading more than $5.5 million in taxes on secret Swiss accounts that held as much as $107 million. (He pled guilty on October 2, 2013, and agreed to pay a civil penalty of approximately $53.6 million.) Warner is to be sentenced in Chicago on January 14, 2014, and faces up to five years in prison under nonbinding guidelines. The Beanie Baby creator and hotelier requests probation with community service, rather than a prison sentence. U.S. v. H. Ty Warner, N.D. Ill., No. 13 CR 00731.”
Tag Archive for Beanie Baby
07 Jan 2014
Want Us To Gift You
A Virtual Office?
Private And Confidential
Executive Search Services
- Did Mr. FBAR Pay A Surprise Visit To Canada?By John RichardsonThis is one more of my posts about Mr. FBAR. Mr. FBAR is a mean, nasty vicious thug who has no place in any civilized society. Thomas Jefferson once said: Were it left to me to decide whether we […]
- New FATCA Agreements Released, 2014 Agreements ExpireBy William ByrnesThe IRS released Revenue Procedure 2017-21, which contains the updated withholding foreign partnership (WP) agreement and withholding foreign trust (WT) agreement. The revenue procedure provides […]
- Hale Stewart’s Captive Insurance Webinar – April 4thBy Hale StewartWhile captive insurance companies have been used by large companies for over 60 years, their use by small and medium sized companies is still in its infancy. There are numerous reason for this, but […]
- Don’t Miss These Credits That Will Grant You Tax Relief!By Debra ThompsonMillions of Americans forgo critical tax relief each year by failing to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a federal tax credit for individuals who work but do not earn high incomes. […]
- Canadian Tax FAQ – Shareholder Loans On A Balance SheetBy Grant GilmourWhat are Shareholder Loans on a Balance Sheet? The Shareholder Loans category may appear as a short term or long term liability on a Balance Sheet. Shareholder Loan is a loan by a corporation to one […]
- Did Mr. FBAR Pay A Surprise Visit To Canada?