I recently received a mailing from an American automobile company regarding the Section 179 deduction. The letter expressed some urgency to purchase a vehicle before the end of the year to get a large Section 179 deduction. While this is true, the letter left me with the impression that I needed to take action before December 31, 2016, or the deduction would be lost. What they stated was true. However, it is what was left unstated that concerns me.
Tag Archive for automobile companies
06 Dec 2016
- Mere Change? – “F” Reorganization Qualifies In Spite Of Change In PlanBy Zachary MontgomeryFormer British Prime Minister Winston Churchill once said, “Plans are of little importance, but planning is essential.” Perhaps that quote is a tad strong to apply generally to corporate […]
- Tax Professionals: Give Your Tax Blogs Worldwide DistributionBy Kat JenningsMore than ever, taxpayers desire a connection to tax professionals who make taxes easy to understand. TaxConnections serves as a platform connecting taxpayers with a wide range of tax professional […]
- Business And Tax Climate In OklahomaBy Monika MilesThis month brings us to the Sooner State of Oklahoma. The state’s nickname, “The Sooner State,” is in reference to the non-native settlers who stated their claims on land before the official opening […]
- IRS Notice: Employers Can Withhold, Make Payments Of Deferred Social Security Taxes From 2020By IRSThe Internal Revenue Service today released Notice 2021-11 PDF addressing how employers who elected to defer certain employees’ taxes can withhold and pay the deferred taxes throughout 2021 […]
- The Tax Court in Brief: Tax Court Opinions And DecisionsBy Jason FreemanThe Week of January 11 – January 15, 2021 Kenneedy v. Comm’r, T.C. Memo. 2021-3 | January 12, 2021 | Copeland, E. | Dkt. No. 5687-17W Opinion Short Summary: Petitioner appealed, pursuant to § […]
- Mere Change? – “F” Reorganization Qualifies In Spite Of Change In Plan
Tax Blog Archives
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
INCREASE KNOWLEDGE WITH EVERY ISSUE OF TAXCONNECTIONS