TaxConnections has recently been retained to conduct a search for a Senior Tax Specialist for a high profile family office in the San Francisco area. Rarely is a position available in this very rewarding business environment.
The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for performing tax compliance and planning functions as well as providing tax support for various family entities, which may include Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Corporate entities. Significant emphasis will be on tax work related to Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies. Responsibilities include the preparation of federal and state income tax returns and forecasts and perform various tax planning and research projects that involve a high degree of complexity. Respond to audits and information requests from various government authorities.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and review federal, state, and local returns and reports for business entities.
- Review federal, state, and local returns and reports for portfolio companies.
- Gather information, analyze data, identify and research pertinent tax issues, prepare supporting work-papers and utilize preparation software packages to generate tax returns.
- Prepare and / or review tax information packages for, and liaise with, tax firms preparing outsourced returns.
- Participate in federal and state income tax audits by assisting the gathering of requested information, researching of pertinent tax issues and preparation of written responses.
- Prepare taxable income forecasts for specific entities or transactions and prepare estimate information for individual investors (and / or their tax advisors) in partnerships.
- Perform tax research and other special projects as required and as directed.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting from a four-year college or university and a minimum of four years of experience in income taxation required. Experience with pass-through taxation and compliance is required. Active CPA license is required; graduate degree in Taxation is a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Request private consultation with Kat Jennings
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.