TaxConnections has been retained to conduct a search for a Senior Tax Manager, International for a publicly listed company in the San Jose, CA area. Our client seeks a Senior Tax Manager who will report to the VP Tax and assist on a wide range of international tax responsibilities. Your willingness to expand your tax knowledge is key in this role. International experience with multinational operations in Asia and Germany very helpful.
This role requires an individual with the willingness to assist and take responsibility for a variety of interesting international tax projects as required or needed to include:
- Assist with maintaining global transfer pricing policies and calculations, including the review and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation, and other TP reporting processes
- Support and direct operations on business decisions in relation to cross-border transactions which would encompass addressing issues related to where to locate and operate, choice of legal entity, how to optimize supply chains, import/export, transfer pricing, indirect taxes, withholding taxes, PE, etc. with consideration given to the company’s cash flows and optimizing tax efficiencies
- Assist with various legal entity & business integration plans
- Provide tax support to local country controllers and monitor intercompany process flows in relation to different types of intercompany transactions
- Support international tax audits as needed, including provide analysis to support salient tax positions taken
- Manage and support international tax compliance of US tax return, and foreign income tax compliance
- Assist in drafting and review of intercompany agreements
- Research and analyze impact of tax legislation and regulatory proposals
- Identify and support tax technology and process improvement initiatives
- In addition, this role will be responsible for the managing the non-US entity US GAAP income tax provisions, including consolidation and oversight of foreign provisions prepared by local country controllers. This will include:
- Prepare, review, and manage all aspects of U.S. international income tax provision and compliance, including E&P, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTC limitation, etc.
- Preparation and/or review of foreign subsidiary tax provision packages
- Current and deferred provision calculations
- Reconciliation and analysis of tax accounts for foreign subsidiaries
- Analysis of valuation allowance, and preparation of tax memos related thereto
- Support FIN 48 tax accounting related to international income tax positions of the company.
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls
A Bachelor’s Degree required with a Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Tax with a CPA preferred. Minimum of 10 years’ experience combined public accounting and corporate with multinational operations. Company has significant international operations in Asia, Germany and Switzerland. Role requires an individual with the willingness and ability to collaborate with international and indirect tax personnel and cross functional teams and to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review.
Contact Us For A Private Introduction
Subscribe to TaxConnections Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.