TaxConnections has recently been retained to conduct a search for a Senior Director of Tax for a publically listed regulated company in the New Jersey area. With a presence in more than 46 U.S. states and Canada this company employs more than 7,000 professionals. Our client seeks a tax executive with experience in a regulated industry to lead and develop a strong tax team.
If you have experience working in a regulated environment, we want to talk to you about this exciting lead tax executive role.
- Leads departmental research initiatives and interprets tax law; defines and implements corporate tax strategies, policies and standard operating procedures to ensure on-going compliance with statutory tax laws; manages exposure to risk; maximizes and leverages tax benefits and minimizes the company’s overall tax liability within a regulatory industry and rate case construct.
- Anticipates and plans for developing and upcoming tax issues, and communicates them effectively to senior executives.
- Ensures that the performance of the tax reporting and compliance staff results in the prompt and accurate processing and filing of the relevant tax returns and manage payment of the relevant taxes to the relevant tax authorities on time.
- Reviews extraordinary tax audit, sox compliance and litigation issues.
- Prepares, articulates, negotiates or mediates with tax authorities to reach a favorable settlement.
- In the capacity as the top internal tax consultant and advisor, provides tax advice, planning options and opportunities related to merger and acquisitions, new service products and/or other business initiatives.
- Manages the performance of people in the department, which includes interviewing, on boarding, performance reviews, coaching, counseling and career development, etc. to ensure the continued overall improvement in employee performance.
- Overall accountability for the performance and results of the tax reporting and tax compliance team; and for the tax affairs of the company in support of the financial strategies and objectives.
- Defines and integrates tax strategies to ensure company maintains a fully compliant and advantageous tax position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on approach and success in working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and the pressures associated with tax filings and general business demands.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop “Best Practice” processes, implements, and maintains those processes to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with graduate degree, a JD degree or CPA highly preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in technical income tax with at least 5 years progressive experience managing people and leading teams. Regulated industry experience required.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.999.0053 to request more information.