Are you currently searching for a tax job? As firms begin layoffs, tax professionals will be caught in the crossfire! However, you have the opportunity to rise above the masses and be noticed. Having coached tax professionals during layoffs, I have great advice and solutions for you. There are jobs for tax professionals now and although some will be laid off, other tax professionals will thrive in this market. The experience we have gained over the years will be very helpful to those searching for a new tax job today. It is very important to be proactive and take action.
Here are the top ten things I advise tax professionals do to find a tax job.
1. Keep a positive attitude throughout the journey to find a tax job. You will discover more people are attracted to those who present themselves positively, with a great attitude and gratitude.
2. Proactively establish an online presence and make certain that people can reach you for free. TaxConnections has a Special Membership for any tax professional who is laid off or under financial stress. You receive a full professional brand page, free messages and an online Virtual Office.
3. Make certain your online professional profile and Professional Summary is up to date. You can greatly improve your Professional Summary online using the template TaxConnections provides everyone at this link: View B10.
4. Highlight your technology skills and knowledge in your Professional Summary. The reality is you must have technology skills to be noticed today. You could be a wizard with a variety of skills so mention them or go online for training.
5. State clearly in your Professional Summary final paragraph what type of opportunity you are searching for with an organization. This way you know those contacting you will be more qualified as your intentions match theirs.
6. When someone does contact you, prepare for the interview with a list of questions. You should download at the complimentary eBook we prepared called “Preparing For An Interview”. It is helpful to start thinking about what may be asked of you.
7. Stay motivated through this journey of searching for a new tax job. Here is a complimentary eBook called “250 Inspirational And Motivational Quotes” to encourage you each day.
8. Get out there and upfront as your online visibility is more important now than ever. TaxConnections is helping tax professionals laid off with a $30.00 Per YEAR Special Membership.
9. TaxConnections is reaching out to all tax recruiters to invite them to look at the available tax professionals on TaxConnections. We do this to ask everyone working together to help you.
10. TaxConnections is sending our site to all CFOs and lead Tax Executives who have hiring needs. There will be a lot of turnover in the corporate tax departments and people retire early. The jobs will be there for you as TaxConnections makes it easier for anyone hiring to find you.
HELP YOUR TAX COLLEAGUES BY FORWARDING THIS POST TO ANYONE YOU KNOW LOOKING FOR A TAX JOB