Having worked with nonprofits for many years, I am awaiting some creative soul to create a new religion called “Taxology”. A person may seek something that is timeless, certain, and powerfully controls one’s destiny. Something that takes from the rich and provides for the masses sustenance (tax credits) and occasional joy (tax refunds). A book (Internal Revenue Code) that dramatically impacts people’s lives and elders (accountants, attorneys, EAs) continually study and interpret the laws and philosophy within it. Not everyone agrees with the precepts but most comply because they do do not want the wrath of a higher authority (the Internal Revenue Service) bestowed upon them. The book and its thousands of pages have been written by wise sages (Congress) to guide and fulfill our challenged lives.
08 Sep 2014
In Taxes We Trust
Comments are closed.
WATCH THESE VIDEOS
- Apple Could Get A $4B Timing Reduction In TCJA’S 15.5% Transition Tax?By Ronald MariniAccording to taxproToday, Companies that stockpiled trillions of dollars offshore free of U.S. income tax may get one last break before paying up, provided their fiscal years don’t follow the […]
- Italy – Budget Law For 2018 Introduces Major Developments To Domestic Tax SystemBy Elio PalmitessaThe Italian 2018 Budget Law, approved by the Parliament on 23 December 2017 and turned into Law No. 205 of 27 December 2017, has introduced a package of tax reforms for corporations and individuals. […]
- State Tax Deduction Limit? California Fights BackBy Monika MilesBy now many of us in California have contemplated our fate regarding how the tax reform act passed by Congress last month will likely hurt Californians as a result of the federal limit on the state […]
- The Stealthy Increase In The Tax Cuts And Jobs Act Of 2017By Charles RubinEver since the Reagan Administrative, tax brackets have been indexed for inflation. This avoids bracket creep when taxpayers move into a higher tax bracket because inflation pushes up their income. […]
- The Good & Bad Of The New Tax Reform: How California’s AffectedBy Monika MilesThe beginning of the year marks the start of many new things: a new year, new business goals and new federal tax reform. What do the changes in tax law mean for California companies – especially in […]
- Apple Could Get A $4B Timing Reduction In TCJA’S 15.5% Transition Tax?