Having worked with nonprofits for many years, I am awaiting some creative soul to create a new religion called “Taxology”. A person may seek something that is timeless, certain, and powerfully controls one’s destiny. Something that takes from the rich and provides for the masses sustenance (tax credits) and occasional joy (tax refunds). A book (Internal Revenue Code) that dramatically impacts people’s lives and elders (accountants, attorneys, EAs) continually study and interpret the laws and philosophy within it. Not everyone agrees with the precepts but most comply because they do do not want the wrath of a higher authority (the Internal Revenue Service) bestowed upon them. The book and its thousands of pages have been written by wise sages (Congress) to guide and fulfill our challenged lives.
08 Sep 2014
In Taxes We Trust
Comments are closed.
Want Us To Gift You
A Virtual Office?
Private And Confidential
Executive Search Services
- Webinar – Intro To International Tax – May 3By Hale StewartIt has never been easier for a U.S. company to sell products or services internationally. But once a company earns international income, it also must content with internal tax consequences. This is […]
- Idaho Keeps Sales Tax On GroceriesBy Annette NellenMany states exempt groceries from sales tax per the premise that food is a necessity of life. This is a poorly targeted exemption though in terms of helping low-income taxpayers. Higher income […]
- Equity Stripping – Creating A PlanBy David SouthwellThere are a number of viable alternative plans for equity stripping and for protecting your home and other assets. We recognize that everybody’s financial situation is unique and work with […]
- United’s Disaster Illustrates The Need For Captive InsuranceBy Hale StewartLast week, footage of the Chicago Transit Police forcibly removing a United passenger went viral. But just as shocking was United’s response. Their first public statement will go down in public […]
- IRS Launches New Online Tool To Assist TaxpayersBy Lisa NasonThe Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced the launch of a new online application to help taxpayers. The new tool, available on IRS.gov, allows taxpayers to view their tax account balance […]
- Webinar – Intro To International Tax – May 3