Having worked with nonprofits for many years, I am awaiting some creative soul to create a new religion called “Taxology”. A person may seek something that is timeless, certain, and powerfully controls one’s destiny. Something that takes from the rich and provides for the masses sustenance (tax credits) and occasional joy (tax refunds). A book (Internal Revenue Code) that dramatically impacts people’s lives and elders (accountants, attorneys, EAs) continually study and interpret the laws and philosophy within it. Not everyone agrees with the precepts but most comply because they do do not want the wrath of a higher authority (the Internal Revenue Service) bestowed upon them. The book and its thousands of pages have been written by wise sages (Congress) to guide and fulfill our challenged lives.
- Examining California’s Tax And Business ClimateBy Monika MilesThis month, we travel back to the mainland (and the home state of Miles Consulting Group) to the 3rd largest state in the country and the 6th largest economy in the world- the Golden State of […]
- Accounts Payable On A Balance Sheet – Canada TaxBy Grant GilmourWhat are Accounts Payable on a Balance Sheet? The Accounts Payable category appears under Current Liabilities on a Balance Sheet, as it is expected that these amounts owing will be paid within one […]
- Corporate Tax Payment & Filing – IrelandBy Claire McNamaraCorporation Tax Returns The Irish corporation tax system operates on a self-assessment basis. Therefore, it is solely the responsibility of the company to calculate and pay its corporation tax […]
- 40% Off Classes For CPE Credits From ACPENBy Kat JenningsThe new year is upon us, and it may be time to get some CPE Credits. If you are thinking about enrolling in a course, take a look at those offered through a partnership between TaxConnections and […]
- IRS National Taxpayer Advocate Report ReleasedBy Annette NellenThe IRS National Taxpayer Advocate—Nina Olson—is required to issue an annual report to Congress. The 2016 report was released 1/10/17. These reports are always a great read. The report lists the mots […]
- Examining California’s Tax And Business Climate