Having worked with nonprofits for many years, I am awaiting some creative soul to create a new religion called “Taxology”. A person may seek something that is timeless, certain, and powerfully controls one’s destiny. Something that takes from the rich and provides for the masses sustenance (tax credits) and occasional joy (tax refunds). A book (Internal Revenue Code) that dramatically impacts people’s lives and elders (accountants, attorneys, EAs) continually study and interpret the laws and philosophy within it. Not everyone agrees with the precepts but most comply because they do do not want the wrath of a higher authority (the Internal Revenue Service) bestowed upon them. The book and its thousands of pages have been written by wise sages (Congress) to guide and fulfill our challenged lives.
08 Sep 2014
In Taxes We Trust
Comments are closed.
- House Ways And Means Committee Press Release Outlines The Proposal Of House RepublicansBy Kat JenningsFor the information of our members, and per your request, I have reproduced a copy of a House Ways and Means Committee press release that outlines the proposal of the House Republicans in some detail […]
- If Robots Replace People, Should They Be Paying Taxes?By William RogersThe capability of artificial intelligence has reached a point that it is no longer a question of if robots will replace people, but a matter of when. Highly automated factory floors, driverless cars, […]
- Multi-State Tax Facts For Biotech & Pharmaceutical CompaniesBy Monika MilesIf you’ve been following our series about multi-state tax facts for various facets of the technology industry, you may be aware of one more niche we haven’t discussed yet: BioTech and Pharmaceutical […]
- No Gift Tax On Transfer Of Property To Trusts, Italian RulingBy Marco RossiIn its ruling n. 21614 of October 26, 2016 Italy’s Supreme Court considered the issue of the application of the gift tax upon the transfer of property to a trust. The issue arises under the […]
- U.S. Border Tax Runs Into ObstaclesBy Ronald MariniPreviously, we posted Border Tariff or Border Adjustment Tax or US VAT? where we discussed that there’s a lot of talk these days about borders and taxes in Washington. U.S. President Donald […]
- House Ways And Means Committee Press Release Outlines The Proposal Of House Republicans