Ever since I posted an article on 1000+ Tax Jobs Coming To You Through TaxConnections, I have been receiving calls and emails from tax professionals regarding full-time, part-time and remote tax jobs. You will appreciate the reasons remote tax work is growing for tax professionals. All signs indicate businesses public and private are recognizing the benefits of a remote tax workforce. Here are eight reasons the remote tax workforce is growing.
1. Innovation of computers, phones, connections through video and audio have a major impact on the ability to work remotely. As the remote tax workforce grows on sites like TaxConnections, more companies and governments are now finding it easier to identify this talent.
2. Highly trained Baby Boomers tax professionals (Born 1946 – 1964) want to continue to work and are readily making themselves available for remote jobs today. They prefer to spend the time working from home than managing the increase traffic and delays in transportation. According to Gallop, about one third of today’s workforce comes from the 75 million strong and active baby boomer generation. Baby Boomer tax professionals have a very strong work ethic.
3. Generation X tax professionals (Born 1965-1980) were raised in the transition phase of written –based knowledge to digital knowledge. Most remember being in school without computers and became part of generation introduced to computers in middle and high school. Their entrepreneurial spirit and need to make a contribution is important. They are attracted to the ability to work remotely and trained to do so.
4. Generation Y/Millennials tax professionals (Born 1981-2000) have more degrees and education than previous generations. They experienced more pressure to obtain advanced education. They grew up with a high degree of digital literacy. They have never known a world without computers and receive the majority of their information and socialization from the internet. They love to work in teams and are highly versed in a digital environment. They want the freedom to work remote and do so with ease.
5. Accounting firms have changed considerably over the years and one of these changes was the concept of hoteling. This trend emerged over the utilization of office space and the ability to reduce office space rent overhead costs. Employees simply reserve a space, cubicle, office, or conference room for the period of time over the years. When the employee has used the office space it is then provided to the next employee who needs an office for a period of time.
6.Tax professionals offer specialty expertise in areas such as international, federal, state and local, property, sales and use, compliance, planning, reporting transfer pricing, tax reporting, R&D, tax incentives and credits, entertainment, sports, and so much more. The ability to hire a tax expert no matter where they are located gives you a real tax advantage.
7. Numerous studies have proven remote workers are less stressed and less absent, and less distracted than onsite workers. Trained properly they are more connected to their companies and their work through video meetings and conferences.
8. TaxConnections is providing higher visibility for remote tax professionals. All you need to do is position your profile on TaxConnections as we work to introduce you and your tax expertise to organizations all over the world searching for a technically qualified remote tax workforce. Join TaxConnections