TaxConnections has been retained to conduct a search for a Director of Tax for a publically listed regulated company in the North Dakota area. With a presence in more than 48 U.S. states this company employs more than 10,000 professionals. Our client seeks a tax executive with experience in a regulated industry to lead and develop a strong tax team. We would appreciate your review of this opportunity and referring this to anyone you feel would like to learn more about it.
- Provide overall management of the corporation’s tax department, including income, property and other taxes applicable to regulated company and its subsidiaries (excluding payroll taxes).
- Exercise responsibility for compliance with income and other tax laws and regulations while ensuring all prescribed deadlines are met.
- Develop and implement income tax policy and planning strategies and initiatives to minimize tax liabilities and maximize cash flow.
- Exercise responsibility for complying with all tax accounting (excluding payroll taxes) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other regulatory requirements, including the maintenance of proper deferral accounts and coordinating, as necessary, with the company’s internal and external auditors.
- Responsibility for the management of all tax examinations by governmental auditors. Develop and recommend appropriate responses to such audits to ensure maximization of company resources.
- Provide tax related requests made by the company’s regulatory groups for rate case filings, including providing written and oral testimony.
- Develop, establish and maintain a plan intended to provide integration and control of the various corporate tax responsibilities.
- Provide guidance to business development teams on the structure of acquisitions and divestitures to ensure the most efficient tax structure. Lead and complete tax-related due diligence procedures on acquisitions.
- Maintain an adequate internal control environment for all tax-related processes.
- Responsible for the efficient use of financial systems and technologies to achieve department objectives in the most effective manner.
- Responsible for researching (or evaluating), developing and implementing income tax policy and planning strategies.
- Directs and manages the activities of the corporation’s tax department, which includes overall responsibility for all tax compliance and tax accounting for regulated company and its subsidiaries, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local tax regulations, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation and review of tax returns, managing audits and providing tax information and testimony to outside parties including auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of federal and state income, property, sales and use tax statues, court decisions, practices, rules and regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate tax laws, decisions, regulations, and rulings and recommend and/or implement procedures to minimize corporate taxes.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with graduate degree, a JD degree or CPA highly preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in technical income tax with at least 5 years progressive experience managing people and leading teams. Regulated industry experience required.
Contact email@example.com or call 858.999.0053.