Archive for Canadian Tax Obligations

Tax Obligations For Holding Foreign Real Estate

Grant Gilmour, Canadia Tax Expert

If a Canadian corporation holds foreign real estate, there are certain reporting requirements:

  • T1135 return must be filed if you own property with a cost of $100,000 Canadian dollars or more (see International FAQ #12).
  • If a Canadian corporation owns 10% or more in shares of a non-resident corporation (foreign affiliate), then there is a requirement to file a T1134 return (see International FAQ #34).

These reporting requirements are just information returns. Any additional tax liabilities are reported on corporate or personal tax returns.

Read more

Meet Tax Experts At TaxConnections...