Ask Tax Question
Hi, I Have Been A Bartender For The Last 7 Years. Looking Back I Noticed That My Employer Did Not Claim All My Tips On My W-2. I Want To...
User Photo Will Stevens, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

You may want to see if your employer will issue corrected W-2s for those years showing the cash tips. You will have to pay tax on the tips and you may be subject to penalties for the late payment of tax and/or...   Read More
Client Filed An LLC Return For 2011. Tax Preparer Filed With Incorrect Information About The Business And Incorrect Amounts Throughout The...
User Photo Robert Ferguson
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

If information was incorrect on the original 2011 return, a new amended 2011 return should be filed with the correct information. After the 2011 return is filed new 1040s may need to be filed for the partners...   Read More
Can I Amend Several Tax Returns That Are Being Audited And Can I Change From LLC Filing Pship Returns To Sole Proprietors And File A Sch C.
User Photo Barry Fowler
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

First, I hope you have representation with the audit. To answer your question yes You can prepare the amended return for the auditor so that the returns get corrected right. The Auditor may just ignor the amended...   Read More
Forgot To Check The Box On Line 61 About Healthcare - Should We File An Amended Return?
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Yes, if the box is not checked, they will assume you had no coverage and assess the fine for not having compliant health care coverage.   Read More
Are Taxpayers Allowed To Claim The Research & Experimentation Tax Credit Under Section 41 Of The Code Using The Alternative Simplified...
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Yes, The Department of Treasury announced on June 2, 2014 that modified treasury regulations (e.g., TD 9666) will enable companies to claim the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit (hereinafter "RTC") utilizing...   Read More
Will The IRS Accept An "amended" 1040 Return Claiming A Section 165 Theft Loss? I Have Proof Of A Restitution Judgment; But I...
User Photo Rianne Greene
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Typically the IRS will accept an amended return for up to three years after the date the return was filed.  So if you found the loss within 2010- 2011 you would need to file an amended return for that year.  A...   Read More
Is It Possible To Track The Status Of An IRS Amended Tax Return?
User Photo Kathryn Morgan
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

It is now. The IRS just opened a new page that allows you to check the status of your amended return. Here is a link;   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today