Ask Tax Question
My Tax Lady Submitted The Incorrect Credit Union And Routing Number For Return Deposit Of My State And Federal Income Can I...
User Photo Gerald Nordland
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The IRS will make ONE attempt to directly deposit your refund. If you’re lucky, no one at that bank will have that account number, the bank will reject the deposit and the IRS will send a check to your address....   Read More
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Loss on the sale or dissolution of a business would be treated as a capital loss. However, if the loan was made to protect your job it may be classified as a business debt status is allowed if your dominant motive (...   Read More
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

The SSI program provides benefits to disabled people who don't qualify for regular disability benefits. The benefit amount is a flat $733 a month as of 2016, but SSI is a means-tested program. The person's...   Read More
0 0 1099-MISC
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

That line should reflect the correct value, but it may not be the fair market value. You should use your cost basis or the fair market value as of he date you began use as a home office, whichever is lower. Either...   Read More
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Yes, the Internal Revenue Service (hereinafter the “Service”) issued on March 24 of 2016 their Announcement 2016-14 addressing the transition period implementation dates in connection with the recently revised...   Read More
User Photo John Manning
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Whether a product will qualify depends on whether production activities in the US are "substantial in nature." US activities can be substantial in nature even if a significant amount of production occurs outside...   Read More
User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The Canadian Income Tax has various foreign reporting forms, not much different from that of the U.S. foreign information returns, with penalties attached for not filing. With regards to non-resident income areas...   Read More
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Not necessarily. If you purchased it and placed it in service in January, then the depreciation would be the same amount each year. If not, then the depreciation for the first year is based on the number of months...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Kathryn Morgan

Bossier City, Louisiana, USA

Enrolled Agent, Master Tax Advisor

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Devon McCarthy FCCA, EA

Sanford, Florida, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA



Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password